Part-time: Associate Consultant for Tourism Programs
The Associate Consultant for Tourism Programs will provide direct account coordination for Break The Ice Media client, Finger Lakes Regional Tourism Council (FLRTC) . It is the job of the Associate Consultant for Tourism Programs to assist Break The Ice Media CEO, Nicole Mahoney in overseeing the annual work plans for the FLRTC and coordination of priorities as outlined in the FLRTC Destination Wide Market Analysis & Strategic Marketing Plan.
The Associate Consultant for Tourism Programs will spend approximately 90% of their time on FLRTC activities.
The Associate Consultant for Tourism Programs reports to the CEO.
Marketing Program Responsibilities:
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Finger Lakes vacation region’s assets;
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the NYS vacation regions and understand how the Finger Lakes destination is positioned within the state;
- Assist with developing annual work plan aligned with priorities, and coordinate with Break The Ice Team members;
- Write copy and develop content for FLRTC projects to meet strategic planning objectives;
- Oversee implementation of marketing programs for FLRTC;
- Monitor mail and e-mail and route correspondence for appropriate timely response;
- Answer routine questions about the Finger Lakes Vacation Region;
- Respond to inquiries and process in a timely manner;
- Handle routine communications regarding FLRTC;
- Coordinate outsourced services including vendor relationships;
- Provide in-office filing of current records;
- Manage the day-to-day affairs of the organization;
- Act as liaison with officers and directors;
- Act as liaison with I Love NY;
- Facilitate the work of volunteers and provide assistance in developing and meeting timelines;
- Maintain an annual planning calendar;
General Governance Responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute meeting notices and agendas with direction from the Chair;
- Secure meeting arrangements;
- Attend FLRTC Board and Executive Committee meetings to provide input and facilitate plan implementation;
- Write, edit and distribute FLRTC board meeting minutes;
- File and distribute meeting reports supplied by volunteer committees;
- Provide reasonable administrative support to committee chairs between meetings, including maintenance of committee rosters as reported by the chairs;
- Attend other committee meetings upon request and approval of the Chair;
- Attend conferences and other meetings as recommended by the Board of Directors.
Information Center Operations Responsibilities:
- Seasonal Information Center management – oversee staff and scheduling, maintain overall cleanliness and organization of the Center and act as liaison with the NYS Thruway Authority.
- Analytical: Makes decisions based on logic and reason, has the ability to interpret data and use it to evaluate and adjust client programs
- Creative: Brings innovation and a fresh perspective to projects, with the ability to work within client timeline and budget while integrating original ideas and strategies.
- Detail-Oriented: Organized and thorough in their work, communications and activities, with strong time management skills.
- Prioritization: Ability to effectively prioritize tasks as well as learning and adapting to the agency’s needs of priority and efficiency.
- Motivated: Strong desire to make a difference for clients and impact their business. Has an appetite for learning new skills and strengthening current skills. Eager to join a team of driven and passionate professionals.
- Social Savvy: Monitors and participates in social networking sites, maintaining a professional presence to positively represent self and agency.
- Team Player: Functions well within a team environment and can also transition to independent work, while also seeking opportunities to support other team members.
- Writer: Exceptional writing skills and the capability to clearly and concisely communicate thoughts. Uses creative and grammatically correct writing to produce powerful and effective communications.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 5-7 years tourism industry experience preferred. Prior work experience in marketing and/or project leadership roles is ideal.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in hospitality, marketing or relevant field is preferred.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel 2-4 times per year.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Nicole Mahoney, CEO