Intern at Break the Ice Media
Our focus is on building our clients’ businesses with PR, marketing and social media. Break The Ice clients are in the travel & tourism industry, including food & beverage, hospitality and destinations.
We look for energetic students interested in marketing and public relations. This is a paid, semester-long internship, 10-16 hours per week, with opportunities to grow your portfolio and gain real industry experience. We prefer students majoring in Business, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing.
When to apply to intern at Break the Ice Media:
We are currently accepting applications for the summer 2023 semester. Please note: we are a remote office and this internship is virtual.
Break the Ice Media internships align with college semesters: fall, spring and summer break, but are not exclusive to enrolled students.
How to apply:
Please submit resume, cover letter and writing sample to Rhonda Vaccaro.
What interns do at Break The Ice Media:
While the day-to-day will always be different, these are the types of activities you can expect during a semester with BTI.
- Social media posts & monitoring
- Update community calendars and websites
- Work with our team on client projects
- Monitor client press coverage
- Assist with special events on-site (as needed, when available)
- Online research for clients
- Draft client materials like press releases, pitches etc.
Who we’re looking for:
We’d really like to hear from you if you have these qualities.
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work within deadlines.
- Strong organizational & writing skills.
- Basic understanding of business etiquette.
- Demonstrated interest in communications, PR, marketing, event planning or business.
- Good phone skills and comfortable calling without introduction, and answering the phone when needed.
- Knowledge of social media sites and ability to use them in a professional setting.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Helpful but not required: knowledge of website design, graphic design or other complementary tools.