Public relations is the "Earned Media" branch of the PESO model (Paid, Earned, Shared, Owned). Through a strategic effort, PR can help brands and destinations build mutually beneficial relationships with media, journalist, travel writers, influencers and bloggers - helping to reach and communicate a message with their target audiences. It can help your organization meet a variety of goals, including:
- Increase brand awareness for a destination and its partners
- Seek third party endorsements the destination through proactive PR, media and influencer relations
- Drive traffic to a destination, program or partner website
- Inspire year-round visitation
- Increase attendance at events, among seasonal attractions or within shoulder seasons
- Change perceptions of product or destination to help grow new markets or niche audiences
- Foster in-market pride for a destination among locals and residents
Trust is the New Competitive Edge for Brands
of respondents say trusting a brand is more important today than in the past – a shared belief among age groups, gender and income.
Our team uses The Barcelona Principles of PR measurement to ensure our clients meet their goals and recognize the impact of earned media outreach campaigns. The Barcelona Principles identify the importance of goal setting, the need for outcomes instead of output-based measurement, the value of social media, and take a holistic approach to measurement and evaluation. We use a 100-point scoring system to measure our placements, based on our clients goals, target audiences, and key messages.
Travel PR Examples
How this Case Study may be relevant to you: Through press releases and story pitches, the 2019 public relations program…Read More
How this Case Study may be relevant to you: The Haunted History Trail is a shining example of a multi-stakeholder project,…Read More
How this Case Study may be relevant to you: This project involved several tactics to engage the community and officials to…Read More
How this Case Study may be relevant to you: This project involved attracting visitors beyond gateway cities, travel public relations, influencer…Read More