Carole Stizza is a Professionally Certified ICF Executive Coach, a SeniorHR Professional, and has a background in Industrial-Organizational Psychology. She has also survived 3 different car accidents (all stopped while turning left) and stage 3 cancer. Resilience, grit, and impatience for life have all been constant companions as she has supported her Air Force Husband and moved her family around the U.S. for 26 years and traveled the world.
Her ability to help clients navigate change, clarify what is important, and step into better conversations have led her to be a contributing author in two books and now releasing her own called: The ASK Framework, questions that elevate your Influence, Performance, and Leadership.
On this episode of Destination on the Left, I talk with Carole Stizza about the power of self-awareness that comes when you ask for positive feedback. It may seem counterintuitive to ask people to tell you what you are doing right — but that is exactly what Carol suggests doing. Carole also discusses the framework for how to have those professional conversations that she created to help people understand the idea of self-leadership, and why she decided to expand her ideas into a book.
What You Will Learn:
- What it means to use self-leadership
- How Carole is seeing people apply self-leadership as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic
- How Carole helps her clients learn how to celebrate and realize self-leadership
- The importance of taking curiosity in a more strategic, actionable direction by giving context in conversations
- How to use Carole’s framework to introduce a sense of positivity and collaboration one-to-one or within a team
- How to remind people what they should celebrate about themselves when home or hybrid working
You Are Already Your Best Self
The first step of self-leadership is to recognize that you are already positioned to be your best self. We’re all unique — so start to embrace how you uniquely think and move away from comparing yourself with others. Adopting what makes you unique and what sets you apart, then starting to appreciate and embrace those things ensures that you understand how to put yourself out in the world.
Framework for Feedback
As leaders and individuals we are always evolving, learning, and growing, so the idea that you are already your best self can be overwhelming. And that’s because we don’t always know what to celebrate about ourselves, we need a framework for feedback about what other people appreciate about the gifts they see in us. Keep growing and keep changing but also make the choice to enjoy who you are in the moment.
- Website: https://relevant-insight.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/carolestizza/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/relevant4you
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/relevant4you
- Book: https://resources.relevant-insight.com/ASKFramework986140
We value your thoughts and feedback and would love to hear from you. Leave us a review on your favorite streaming platform to let us know what you want to hear more of. Here is a quick tutorial on how to leave us a rating and review on iTunes!: https://breaktheicemedia.com/rating-review/