Episode 11: Put Yourself in the Client’s Shoes, with Colleen Knopeck
In this episode, you will learn the skills that transfer from working client side to agency side and traits every PR professional should have, from Colleen Knopeck, Associate Consultant at Break The Ice Media.
Colleen uses her passion for writing and storytelling as an Associate Consultant at Break The Ice Media. She brings with her demonstrated success in proactive media relations and brand marketing communications for B2B, B2C, and B2E audiences. Colleen holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communication: Journalism/Media Studies from SUNY Geneseo and a Master’s Degree in Integrated Marketing Communications from St. Bonaventure University. Her enthusiasm, attention to detail, and commitment to exceeding expectations are reflected in her work, and in the results she drives for her clients.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What Colleen does at Break The Ice Media
- How Colleen uses the experience she brings from the client side
- What clients want from agencies
- Key qualities in a PR professional
- Passion and persuasion and why these traits are important in PR
- Why a love of organized chaos is beneficial in PR
- How Colleen ties it all together in an ongoing campaign