Episode 10: How to Use #Hashtags and Instagram, with Jessica Reilly
In this episode, you will learn about using hashtags over a variety of social media channels and how to use Instagram effectively from Jessica Reilly, Associate Consultant, at Break The Ice Media.
Jessica is a graduate of SUNY Plattsburgh with a Bachelor of Arts in Public Relations and Political Science. She started at Break The Ice Media in 2016 and brings with her a duality of knowledge, combining her classical PR training with marketing skills. She has a passion for social media and analytics. Her personal strengths include a love of research, and a strong sense of curiosity. She brings a fresh perspective and attention to detail to all the client projects she works on.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What Jessica does at Break The Ice Media
- Why travel hashtags are important
- Three main challenges with hashtags
- What makes hashtags on Instagram different than other platforms
- What you need to know about creating your own hashtag
- Travel hashtags that you need to know about
- Why Instagram is a tremendous platform for the travel/tourism industry
- Instagram takeovers: why having someone else take over your Instagram account can be a great idea
- Ways to find great Instagram content to share
- Jessica’s blog: breaktheicemedia.com/destination-insta-sensation
- Jessica’s blog: breaktheicemedia.com/trendingnow-hashtags-and-the-tourism-industry