Episode 16: Every Traveler Makes A Difference, with Kristy Kennedy
In this episode, you will learn how every traveler makes a difference from Kristy Kennedy, Vice President of Marketing and The Director of Tourism for the Adirondack Coast Visitor Bureau (ACVB), a division of the North Country Chamber of Commerce.
Kristy has been with the ACVB since 2008. In her current role, Kristy leads the Visitors Bureau’s efforts in developing and implementing a yearly strategic marketing plan to increase tourism in Clinton County.
A Plattsburgh native and a graduate of Plattsburgh State University, Kristy was named a Face of our Future by Strictly Business magazine and in 2008 Kristy was named New York State’s Virginia Allan Young Careerist in acknowledgment of her personal and professional accomplishments, writing ability and public speaking. She went on to place in the top 10 in the nation.
Before joining the Chamber, Kristy worked as Office Manager and Marketing Coordinator for
Fesette Realty. Prior to that, Kristy held the role of Marketing & Promotions Coordinator for 95 Triple X and 620am WVMT Radio in Burlington.
Outside of her work at the Chamber, Kristy enjoys listening to live music, exploring the local food scene and creating one-of-a-kind dishes in her kitchen. She is a self-proclaimed Crazy Cat Lady and spends as much time with her better half Shannon and her family as possible including two full-of-life nephews.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why the ACVB doesn’t get caught up in the “heads in beds” mentality and focuses on all travelers – even the ones that don’t stay overnight
- How every traveler creates their own domino effect for the region
- The ways ACVB makes the most of their small budget and three person team
- The locational benefits of going bilingual
- How the AVCB helps their stakeholders be as prepared as possible by hosting customer service seminars
- “Where the mountains meet the coast:” the story of how the Adirondack Coast name came to be
- The integrated social content plan that helped the ACVB use social media reach all their demographics
- How competing attractions work together to grow the ACVB in a way that helps everyone succeed
- Why Kristy loves an outside perspective on the ACVB and keeping the master plan updated
Ways to contact Kristy:
- Website: goadirondack.com