The Growth of the Virginia Wine Industry, with Rebekah Greenhill
Rebekah Greenhill is the director of sales and marketing at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards in Middleburg, Virginia. She and her husband, David Greenhill, also own and operate Middleburg Life magazine and Greenhill Stables. They are based in Middleburg during the summer and Wellington, Florida in the winter for the equestrian and polo season.
In this episode of Destination on the Left, Rebekah Greenhill, the director of sales and marketing at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards, shares Greenhill’s story. She explains what brought national and international recognition to this Virginia farm winery, and talks about some of the strategic partnerships that helped them expand into new markets.
What You Will Learn in This Episode:
- How Greenhill Winery & Vineyards shares the Virginia farm life with their guests
- The different types of strategic partnerships Greenhill formed to grow their business
- How Greenhill built an entirely unique experience for its visitors
- What Greenhill is doing to stand out from the crowd
- The types of visitors that Greenhill is targeting and how they target them
- How Rebekah has used creativity to solve unique marketing challenges in the wine industry
- How Greenhill is working with the local community to build its brand
Greenhill Winery & Vineyards
Last year we had the pleasure of doing an episode with Beth Erickson, the president and CEO of the Loudon Convention & Visitors Association. Loudon County has become a premier region of East Coast wine and Beth provided us with a glimpse into the development of Virginia’s wine industry. To learn even more about the growth of Virginia’s wine scene, we invited Rebekah Greenhill, the director of sales and marketing at Greenhill Winery & Vineyards, to join us next. In this episode of Destination on the Left, Rebekah explains how Greenhill designed a unique visitor experience and how they formed strategic partnerships to grow their business.
100% Virginian Wine
The Virginia climate poses major challenges for winemakers in the area because the weather is erratic and the soil is not always perfect. One of the ways that Greenhill Winery & Vineyards stands out from the crowd is by embracing those challenges and showcasing the unique flavor profiles that they create. Greenhill uses 100% Virginia grapes while other local wineries outsource them. This makes Greenhill more consistent, but it also captures the essence of Virginia’s unique soil and climate. The 100% Virginian wines have received national and international recognition with characteristics that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
Build a Unique Visitor Experience
Another way that Greenhill Winery & Vineyards has cut through the noise and built their brand is by showcasing their identity as a privately-owned farm winery. Greenhill has truly embraced the farm life and it has been woven into the visitor experience as a whole. Guests get to witness the whole operation- not just the tasting room. They also have cows, honey bees, horses, and much more. Greenhill invites its visitors to join this lifestyle and be apart of a unique experience that very few wineries can offer.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/greenhill-winery-vineyards/about/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GreenhillWineryVineyards/
- Twitter: @GreenhillWine
- Website: http://experiencegreenhill.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/greenhillwine/
We value your thoughts and feedback and would love to hear from you. Leave us a review on your favorite streaming platform to let us know what you want to hear more of. Here is a quick tutorial on how to leave us a rating and review on iTunes!: https://breaktheicemedia.com/rating-review/