Marketing Tourism through the Crisis
It feels like the COVID-19 Pandemic has changed everything - and it has, in a way. But calling these times "unprecedented" isn't exactly accurate. Many challenges have arose in our lifetime and even before. Challenges in the business world are plentiful as well, whether that be innovating beyond the confines of your industry, facing off with a competitor, changing reputation or brand perception. We are at our creative best when faced with a challenge and we can learn from those who have gone through hard times in the past. Our team has culled through countless articles, research studies and case studies to create a path forward for tourism destinations, organizations and businesses to market through this crisis. In this presentation, learn about the actionable steps you can take right now and in the future to set yourself up for success - and how to use data to shift your mindset to "world-changing," big picture thinking.
Break the Ice Media CEO Nicole Mahoney presented this webinar for Visit Rochester and their stakeholders on May 7, 2020. If you are interested in hosting a presentation for your organization, contact Nicole@breaktheicemedia.com. We are happy to offer this free service to the industry we love so much!
Download the PresentationFill out this form to download the presentation slides:
Watch these great examples
When you are ready to open and have established your protocols, show what you'll do - don’t just tell. Watch these great examples of businesses sharing their new visitor experience:
- These Are Not Unprecedented Times | Simon Sinek
- Why the Corona Virus Crisis is a Unique and Once in a Lifetime Opportunity for Destinations and the Hospitality and Tourism Industry – Thomas Müller
- Orbit Media Studios, “26 Ways to Get Ready for the Rebound: A Playbook for What to Do Right Now”
- (new) Travel and Tourism Research Association, COVID-19 Travel and Tourism Research Resources
- (new) Longwoods International COVID-19 and Travel Sentiment Study - Wave 10 | May 19, 2020
- (new) Destination Analysts Update on American Travel in the Period of Coronavirus | May 18, 2020
- (new) Skift, "Learning to Walk Again: 20 Hopeful Signs for Reopening the Travel Economy" | May 14, 2020
- Longwoods International COVID-19 and Travel Sentiment Study- Wave 9 | May 12, 2020
- Longwoods International COVID-19 and Travel Sentiment Study- Wave 8 | May 5, 2020
- Data Report: Impact of COVID-19 on Destination Marketing Web Traffic, Simpleview | April 27, 2020
- COVID-19 Travel Sentiment Study-Wave 6 by Longwoods International in partnership with Miles Partnerships | April 21, 2020
- Why the COVID-19 recession will be different for brands, WARC, quoting the World Federation of Advertisers | April 17, 2020
- In a time of COVID-19, to advertise or not to advertise?, WARC | April 17, 2020
- A Critical Review and Synthesis of Research on Advertising in a Recession, ResearchGate | April 16, 2009
- We Need Imagination Now More Than Ever, Harvard Business Review | April 10, 2020
- Preparing Your Business for a Post-Pandemic World, Harvard Business Review | April 10, 2020
- Travel PR in the Era of COVID-19, SATW | April 7, 2020
- 2020 Edelman Trust Barometer Special Report: Brands and the Coronavirus, Edelman | March 23-March 26, 2020
- Revival Strategies: COVID-19 RECOVERY PLANNING FOR BRANDS, Sinclair | March 16, 2020
Break the Ice Media Blogs
Destination on the Left Podcast Episodes
Broaden Your Skillset
Consider online courses that allow you to level up your knowledge and skills. Individuals who take the time to invest in themselves will drive their companies forward as well.
Strategic Marketing Planning for Post-Pandemic Recovery (Online Course For Travel & Tourism Professionals - $795)
Engage Industry Experts
You don’t have to do it alone. Smaller teams and limited time can cause new initiatives to fall to the wayside or stunt big-picture thinking. Consider engaging an outside perspective to push the idea process forward or partnering with someone to support immediate needs.
Schedule a call with us for a 30-minute consultation/ideation session. We’re here to help. Email Nicole@BreaktheIceMedia.com